MVA is committed to preserving adult access to tobacco harm reduction products and advocating for sensible regulation of vapor products. Make your voice heard and help us:
Harm reduction is an approach that encourages modifications to risky behavior, such as sunscreen, condoms, and seatbelts. When quitting smoking seems impossible, harm reduction can mean smoking less, or using alternative nicotine delivery methods
The major harm from smoking comes from the inhalation of combustible tobacco and the carcinogens and tar found in cigarette smoke. Nicotine alone is a stimulant, much like caffeine.
Cleaner ingredients, reduced risk Vapor products provide an alternative, reduced risk delivery method for nicotine. Most eliquids contain only four components: Vegetable Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, food grade flavorings, and nicotine in various strengths.
Research has shown flavor incentives are critical in helping adults move away from traditional cigarettes. The success rate of total tobacco cessation is much higher when adults have access to enjoyable flavors other than tobacco.
Globally recognized benefits – Vaping is globally recognized as 95% less harmful than smoking, is a negligible risk to bystanders, and is considerably more effective than any other cessation methods in helping smokers quit for good.
January 28, 2021 - March 14, 202112:00 am
• MVA offered amendments to lower the proposed 86% wholesale and floor tax to a 6% point of sales tax for all e-liquid above 5mL. The governor vetoed the tax bill, but the veto was overridden.
February 6, 2020All Day
• MVA testifies with strong opposition against SB233
• MVA offered amendments to SB273. These amendments were accepted and saved open vapor systems and flavored eliquid.
February 13, 2020All Day
• MVA worked with legislators to draft fair amendments for vape shop owners across Maryland. Many showed in opposition at the hearing, further showcasing the need for the bill to be reformed. MVA’s amendments were accepted and saved open vapor systems and flavored eliquid.
January 28, 2021All Day
• MVA testifies with strong opposition SB177 which is a flavor ban.
• MVA offers amendments to SB273 to protect Maryland vape shops and flavored vaping products.
February 10, 2021All Day
• MVA testifies with strong opposition against flavor ban.
The Maryland Vapor Alliance works year-round towards sensible regulation that preserves adult access to tobacco harm reduction products. Support Maryland small businesses in their mission to end addiction to deadly combustible cigarettes. Your support is critical to the survival of our industry and the lives of Maryland residents in need of safer alternatives to smoking.
Join our fight today!
Maryland Vapor Alliance is a 501(c)(6) organization. Contributions to Maryland Vapor Alliance are not deductible for federal income tax purposes as charitable contributions.